March 25, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, What Makes a Rainbow? by Betty Schwartz and illustrated by Dorra Turner.
- Ask your family if you can help out by cleaning a lower window or maybe the sliding glass door? Ask about the tools to use and also how to do the job. It may not be perfect at first, but I’m sure you’ll quickly get the hang of it!
- Let’s stretch out with some Cosmic Kids Yoga! Here is Coco the Butterfly.
- Enjoy some time walking around your neighborhood, taking a short drive OR just looking out the windows in your house and use this printable Springtime Scavenger Hunt to mark what you see. For every bird, bug, flower or insect you can see, color one box. Which creature did you see the most of? The least of?
- Make a collage using your very favorite color! Here’s a picture of mine.
- We like to use ASL (American Sign Language) at Share and Care. Here is a song that reminds us of all the color signs.
- Want to make your very own rainbow? Check out how How to Make a Rainbow from SciShow Kids.
- Try your hand at online painting at ABCya! Paint.
- I don’t know about you, but I love watching videos of Dominoes. This one is rainbow-tastic!
- If you are looking for another rainbow snack idea, check out your cereal cabinet! Fruit Loops, Trix, Lucky Charms, etc. are all great treats and can be fun to sort out before you eat! You can even count up each pile before you snack.
- Bible Story – Can you think of a Bible story with a rainbow in it? That’s right…here’s Noah!
- Praise Music – Build the Boat! This one is brand new, but pretty catchy. Enjoy!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum