March 26, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Little Cloud by Eric Carle. Our companion book is A Cloudy Day by Melvin and Gilda Berger.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman. Today we also have a companion, non-fiction book to go with our fiction story.
- Try setting the table for a meal today. You’ll need to count out plates, silverware and glasses for each member of your family. If you want to get really fancy, you could make place cards for each space.
- Head outside! (This lesson was planned at the best chance of seeing fluffy clouds.) See if you can decide what shapes the clouds are trying to make and tell your tall person about what you see. Take a step further and go inside and draw what you saw. If your tall friend writes your words, or helps you write your words, you have the ability to see what the words look like that you say.
- I love Blazer Fresh. Check out their music video for Water Cycle.
- Walk in the Sunshine has a great treat idea for those of you with some blue food coloring in your stockpile.
- Grab some cotton balls and try out making your own cloud shapes. See if you can name each shape before you make it with the cotton ball.
- Fun Learning for Kids has another great experiment to try. This one has also been successful at preschool and is a great visual of why it rains.
- See if you can sort out the items for the appropriate weather in this fun Sid the Science Kid game.
- What makes a cloud, a cloud? Find out here!
- If the clouds weren’t cooperating for your outside time today, here are some VIRTUAL REALITY clouds for you.
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum