March 27, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
- Ask your family for instructions on how to make your bed. If this is something you already do, ask if you could help wash the bedding or fold the bedding or maybe organize your PJs. I challenge you to make your bed every day for one week!
- Try your hand at learning some new magic tricks and maybe you can tame the wild things in your house!
- I think Dragons are pretty wild. Our yoga today features a fire-breathing dragon named Cracker.
- Fridays are the end of our week so let’s curl up and watch a good make believe movie. Maybe in your very own blanket tent. I think my family is going to watch Moana.
- Our song today is a fun freeze dance called Wild Things.
- Eat your own sailboat for a snack today. These are easy and tasty!
- Some construction paper or cardstock and a pair of scissors is all you need to make yourself a crown. Label it with your name declaring yourself King or Queen of all the wild things.
- Head out on a neighborhood walk and see if you can spy three different leaves. This is extra tricky right now since the world is just starting to wake up from winter. Look down low for ground cover foliage.
- Let’s take a trip to see some real WILD THINGS! Here are lots of live cams to check out the animals at the San Diego Zoo.
- See if you can remember where the cards are at with this animal matching game from Wild Kratts.
- Bible Story – Jonah had to take the ultimate “time out” when he made bad choices.
- Praise Music – All Around the World
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum