April 3, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, The Napping House by Audrey Wood and illustrated by Don Wood.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Would you go around and fluff all of the pillows in your house? Sometimes our pillows get smooshed after they are used and need some extra fluffing to get back to their original floofiness. Don’t forget those throw pillows! Count them as you go and see how many pillows you can find in your house.
- Can you recall the order of the characters that we met in the “napping house.” See if you can illustrate your own cozy bed with all of the characters that you meet along the way. We’d love to see your creation!
- If you have a printer or a picture of you snoozing, you can make your own illustration! Here’s my creation using my napping “child” and a wild thing.
- Instead of making a special snack to go with today’s book, maybe you can change the location! Grab a “tablecloth” to protect your bed from crumbs and spills and eat your snack on YOUR cozy bed!
- Tommy the Turtle is ready for bed!
- Laurie Berkner is a Share and Care favorite and here is her lullaby (perfect for napping) called Fireflies.
- I know my pantry is EXTRA stocked these days. Ask your tall person if you can use any of those cans for some STEM learning. See if you can create a tower using your pantry goods. Remember that is always a good idea to never build taller than your noise so we don’t end up having things fall on our heads! Can you stack 3 things? 4? Can you stack from biggest to smallest or are all of your cans the same size? Can you sort the cans into veggies/fruits/soups? By color?
- You can help Daniel the Tiger with his bedtime routine here.
- Bible Story – Here’s the story of Jesus’ naptime on a boat.
- Praise Music – God is Good – A great reminder during these tough times.
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum