April 13, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Mouse’s First Spring by Lauren Thompson and illustrated by Buket Erdogan.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Today’s challenge for helping others is to BRIGHTEN someone’s day! Try drawing a SPRING-y picture with chalk outside so that friends who are walking by will have something to smile about.
- While Mouse was out looking for “Spring” he found all sorts of different things. Today I would like you to practice writing your special letter and then go see how many places you can see it in your house! You can make a tally for each time you find your letter. Can you find your special letter 5 times? 10? More!?
- Yoga in a tulip field seems very Spring-y to me! Let’s listen to a story about Enzo the Bee.
- We are pretty good at clapping the parts of words at Share and Care. Try this fun Clap It Out song with Blazer Fresh.
- Share and Care LOVES to put together trail mixes! This spring snack mix looks extra tasty from Bless This Mess.
- I used a snack sized baggie and some pom poms to make my very own butterfly! This fun craft is one you do over and over again, filling with different items! Show us what you chose for your butterfly!
- Take your learning OUTSIDE today if you can! Here’s a fun Backyard Scavenger Hunt that has you looking for a lot of the same things Mouse was in our story today. Thanks, Primary Playground for the great ideas!
- Explore the seasons with this Sesame Street game.
- This Sesame Street video is “old school,” but sure made me laugh while I was learning about the seasons!
- Bible Story – This story is about being a good neighbor to all. Kindness counts!
- Praise Music – Give It Away
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.