April 14, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Five Green and Speckled Frogs Illustrated by Constanza Basaluzzo.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Call, Facetime, Skype, or Zoom a family member to share a song or dance! Our extended families are missing your talents and your smiling faces! SHARE them!
- Today’s print recognition activity has you looking for numbers around your house. It is a great challenge for preschoolers to note the differences between numbers and letters. See if you can find each digit 0-9.
- Let’s get up and MOVE! Dance Party time!
- This song has LOTS of numbers in it! It’s a different version of 5 Green and Speckled Frogs. Give a froggy jump every time you see a number!
- Instead of making a frog snack or eating flies, see if you can eat something green today!
- Using some simple shapes cut from paper, you can make your own frog! My favorite part is the curly tongue!
- Create your own “frog pond” today. In a shallow bowl or plastic bin, add some rocks, sticks, glass stones, foam lily pads, tree slices, fake plants. Find some fake pond creatures to add to your habitat before you add some water to explore with. We love the 5 Green Frog sensory pond Pre-K Pages has set up!
- If you have a sibling or two at home, see if you guys can work on your frog jumps over the backs of one another. Here are some hoppy frogs from Share and Care last year!
- Here is a game where you can count and match the numbers.
- Check out how this Daddy Glass Frog protects his babies!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.