April 27, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Plant the Tiny Seed by Christie Matheson.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- If you have a garden started, see what chores you can help with to keep your plants healthy or to get your space ready for future plants. If you don’t have a garden, see if there are any plants inside your house that need attention.
- After all of our learning this year, we are going to start challenging ourselves to do some harder things. Today I’d like you to label the parts of the flower using the sounds that you hear. If you can’t remember what we talked about during our LIVE, here is a reminder of the four parts.
- If you haven’t used up all of your cupcake wrappers in your quarantine baking, you can use them to create some awesome flowers. Here are a couple samples! Thanks to Preschool Inspirations and She Knows for the inspiration.
- I think we all would agree that we LOVE Fairy Floss yoga! Let’s start the week off with some moves!
- Dr. Jean is always able to put our learning ideas into a catchy song. Parts of a Flower has the four parts we are working on this week!
- You can get creative with your snack and make a flower out of almost anything! Be sure to share your creation with us. This apple-raisin flower looks beautiful AND delicious!
- If you take a minute to put together a sensory bin for flower planting, you’ll be able to modify throughout the upcoming weeks for our new units! We like to use dried beans as a filler. Thanks to Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls for the great suggestions!
- Ready, Set, Grow! with Elmo.
- I know the teachers LOVE to watch time lapse videos. Check out how fast these sunflowers grow in TIME LAPSE!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.