May 1, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman and Tallulah Hoffman.
- Find a way to help the creatures that live outside today. Can you feed the squirrels? Plant some wildflowers for the bees? Fill a birdfeeder? Your neighborhood furry and feathered friends will thank you!
- Today I have created a Tiny Seed scavenger hunt for you to work on. You will be challenged to look for many of the different parts from the story. See if you can “read” each item listed and then X off each item you find.
- If you have some paper plates lying around, try to make your own flower! You can use some basic snipping skills and could paint your flower or use markers! I’d love to see your creation! If you wanted to make a giant stem using paper, you could create a flower as big as you are!
- Can’t Stop the Feeling! Another Share and Care Favorite!
- If you tuned into Share and Care’s LIVE this morning, you saw Mrs. Hoffman’s celery experiment. Here’s the science behind it!
- You can make your own flower garden to munch on for snack today! Thanks to education.com for the great idea!
- Here’s another great sensory bin to practice your digging and planting. Thanks to View From a Step Stool for the idea!
- Let Me Grow! Use your skills to help the flowers get water!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.