May 6, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for the nursery rhyme, Hey, Diddle Diddle
- Hey, Diddle, Diddle
- Our rhyme talks about the dish and the spoon. Today you are challenged to help with the dishes. You could set the table, clear the table, put dishes away, help dry dishes, maybe even wash dishes!
- Today we are going to work on recognizing words as combinations of letters. Practice “reading” the nursery rhyme by pointing to each word as you say it. Here is a copy of today’s nursery rhyme if you don’t already have one.
- Speaking of dishes, here is a fun way to create your very own dish and spoon. These are also great props to use to help you retell the story. Thanks to Library Village for the examples.
- Can you go on a scavenger hunt around your house? See what you can find that reminds you of the nursery rhymes we’ve done so far this week. You can create your own sensory bin full of nursery rhymes! You could add more throughout the remainder of the week OR from your personal favorite nursery rhymes. Sensory bins are great to play with and also great tools for sorting, classifying, counting and fine motor manipulation. Thanks to Totally Tots for this inspiration.
- Let’s listen to some violin music and look at all of the parts of a violin.
- Cows are Awesome! but I don’t think they can actually jump over the moon. Do you?
- Have you seen these cow crackers before? On their own they’d be the perfect snack for today’s rhyme. Combined with a cheese sandwich and you have a whole meal! Thanks to Tonya Staab for the great tutorial!
- You can make Luna dance using instruments around the world. Have fun with Carmen’s World Orchestra.
- Bible Story – Ruth and Naomi
- Praise Music – All Around the World
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.