May 13, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for the story, What is an Insect? by Susan Canizares and Mary Reid.
- Mrs. Hoffman will read “What is an Insect?” during our Facebook live at 10am. Make sure to check out in replay if you didn’t see it the first time!
- Today we will be spending lots of time time talking about hopping or jumping. See if you can organize and match up your shoes. Are there any that you’ve outgrown? How many shoes would you need if you were a grasshopper?
- Ask a tall friend to write letters on sticky notes and place them around the room. When they call out a letter, JUMP to that letter. See if you can JUMP to 10 different letters!
- I would suggest getting a sensory bin going with a basic filler that you can use for different themes throughout the year. Colored rice makes a great filler. With the addition of some plastic insects, scoops and cups, you can find yourself with hours of playtime fun on your hands! Fun with Mama has a great tutorial on how to color rice.
- Check out this adorable grasshopper craft! Clothespins are easy to access and can be used for TONS of craft projects for littles. PLUS, opening and closing a clothespin is a great fine motor activity for preschoolers to build their finger muscles.
- Our preschool friends teach the preschool teachers just as much as we hope to teach them. Thanks to the friend who shared this great song about insects. The Ant and the Grasshopper.
- This compilation of Cosmic Kids yoga is ALL about bugs.
- You can learn origami like Mrs. Weber! Check out how to make your very own grasshopper, here!
- How does a grasshopper jump? Find out in this fun video!
- Here’s another swarm of yummy bug snacks for your child’s snacking pleasure!
- This is my favorite tablet app BY FAR for preschoolers. Available for purchase through iTunes and Google Play.
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.