May 15, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas to wrap up our week of bugs. This post highlights activities to do for bumblebees and butterflies…nature’s pollinators.
- Mrs. Hoffman has been reading some buggy books during our Facebook Lives. Check them out LIVE or in replay.
- I’ve seen lots of flowers popping up in yards and planters. How can you help the pollinators in your yard?
- It is so important for preschoolers to strengthen their finger muscles. There are lots of fun ways to do that. You can play with playdough, use tweezers to move things, open clothespins OR rip things! Check out Mrs. Hoffman ripping a bumblebee during our Thursday Facebook LIVE.
- I would suggest getting a sensory bin going with a basic filler that you can use for different themes throughout the year. Colored rice makes a great filler. With the addition of some plastic insects, scoops and cups, you can find yourself with hours of playtime fun on your hands! Fun with Mama has a great tutorial on how to color rice.
- There are so many options for bumblebee and butterfly crafts. Here are a few that the teachers rounded up.
- Who doesn’t love a dance remix!? Check out Laurie Berkner’s remix for her song “Bumblebee.”
- This compilation of Cosmic Kids yoga is ALL about bugs.
- Watch the remarkable life cycle of a monarch butterfly, right here!
- Bees are remarkable workers! Check out how they stay busy.
- These butterfly snacks are as functional as they are beautiful! This is the best way to keep crackers crunchy while you are also packing some sweet fruit.
- This is my favorite tablet app BY FAR for preschoolers. Available for purchase through iTunes and Google Play.
- Bible Story – Hermie the Caterpillar reminds us how God has special plans for each of us!
- Praise Music – The Butterfly Song
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.