April 1, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- One of my favorite parts of this book is when all the children get asked “What do you see?” Right now our view isn’t changing much, but I’m pretty sure there are a lot of tall people that are missing SEEing you! Send a picture, note to a tall friend that you don’t get to see right now OR give them a call or a video phone call!
- Grab the colors in the book (brown, red, yellow, blue, green, purple, white, black and orange). Younger friends – try writing your name or your special letter in each different color. You’ll need a dark paper to try out white. Older friends – try writing the color names with each different color. You should be able to find the name right on the side of the crayon.
- Today’s “project” is to add a page for our “class” book. You can print off this brown bear page and illustrate it. Older friends can also write the story while younger friends can ask for someone to dictate their ideas for them. When you have your book page completed, you can scan and e-mail it email@example.com OR you can mail it to Mrs. Hoffman (e-mail me for my address). I’ll be reading our “class book” on Thursday, April 9 during our LIVE Facebook learning at 10am.
- Today’s snack is a Share and Care favorite! Bear bread is easy and fun and we love the recipe from Messy Little Monster! We’ve used a mix of cinnamon-sugar on top of margarine instead of Nutella and we’ve also subbed in chocolate chips for the raisins. ENJOY!
- Let’s get MOVING! Cosmic Kids is taking us on a BEAR hunt today!
- We also love to go on a “COOL” bear hunt during our preschool time. You can take your family along this time. Don’t lose them in the peanut butter river!
- I don’t think there are any bears awake for us to watch this time of year, but this is a fun video from Disneynature’s Bears of some brown bear facts.
- We love candy science at Share and Care. Here is a fun Gummy Bear activity from Nurture Store that we’ve tried at preschool. How big will your gummy bear get?
- Go on a teddy bear round up in your house. It can be your very own bear hunt! How many do you find? Line them up from smallest to biggest. Can you make a pattern with them or put them in groups?
- Head on over to PBSkids.org and you can feed some red birds with Nature Cat.
- Bible Story – Here’s a story about looking that Jesus used to describe God’s love for his children.
- Praise Music – My God is Powerful
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum
Toggle panel: Sidebar Layout