April 6, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Bark, George by Jules Feiffer.
- Read aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Are there any pets in your house that you could help take care of today? Could you feed or water your pet? If you don’t have a pet, do you have a bird feeder that you could fill? See how you can help one of God’s creatures today.
- Today’s story is a perfect one to “act” out! See if you can play the role of George and make all the different animal sounds that he makes throughout the story! (Meow, quack-quack, oink, moo)
- Perhaps you have been on a walk and have seen hearts in the windows of houses in your neighborhood. Today we are going to make a George completely out of hearts!
- Check out your cereal selection! Are there any cereals that remind you of dried dog food? (Kix, Cocoa Puffs, Peanut Butter Puffs…)
- Today we are going to head to the Cosmic Kids Zen Den and meet Mini the Puppy.
- This song is FULL of cute puppies! Which one is your favorite?
- Today I challenge you to build a house using materials you can find around your house for one of your special stuffies. Maybe you have a stuffed dog that you can build a cozy home for or maybe you need a stable for a unicorn? Whatever animal you choose, make sure your structure keeps them safe and cozy!
- These puppies are looking for some bones! Are you able to help them find them using the clues?
- This special pair of friends at the San Diego Zoo shows how incredibly loyal dogs can be.
- Bible Story – We are starting Holy Week! Here is the story of Palm Sunday!
- Praise Music – Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.