April 7, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Grumpy Cat by Britta Teckentrup.
- Read aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Grumpy Cat is a stray who lives by the garbage cans. Can you help your family take out the garbage today? Or maybe you can bring out something to your recycling bin?
- Today let’s practice writing “c-a-t.” See if you can say each sound in the word.
- Let’s work on relaxing today. Cosy Cats with Cosmic Kids Yoga will help.
- Here’s a different version of “The Cat Came Back.”
- Today let’s eat some FISH for snack! Maybe some GOLDfish! While you are eating, see if you can make two piles of 10. As you eat out of the piles, keep track of how many crackers are left in each pile. Does one pile have more? Or less? Can you make them equal again?
- Today we are going to make our very own cat out of a paper plate. You can add the facial features to give your cat whichever feeling you think your cat would have!
- Perhaps you built a home for a kitty yesterday. Today’s challenge is to create something that you think would make a good cat toy. You can either construct it out of items you see around your house OR you can draw your creation and explain it to a tall friend. We’d LOVE to see your creations as well!
- Now that you are such a great inventor, help The Cat in the Hat invent some inventions for a party!
- If you have kitty at your house, maybe they’d like to watch this. Why do you think cats would like this?
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.