May 12, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for the story, I Love Bugs! by Philemon Sturges and illustrated by Shari Halpern.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman
- Today’s main character goes on a hunt for bugs. I challenge you to hunt for toys or other items of yours that are places that they don’t belong. See if you can find 10 things that are out of place and put them back where they belong. You could create a tally chart to keep track.
- Make a list of bugs and see if you can write their names or at least their special letters.
- Here are a few options for lightning bug crafts OR do you call them fireflies?
- I would suggest getting a sensory bin going with a basic filler that you can use for different themes throughout the year. Colored rice makes a great filler. With the addition of some plastic insects, scoops and cups, you can find yourself with hours of playtime fun on your hands! Fun with Mama has a great tutorial on how to color rice.
- This compilation of Cosmic Kids yoga is ALL about bugs.
- Find out why a firefly blinks with SciShow Kids.
- Here’s a whole bunch of buggy snacks to make! Thanks to the Crafting Chicks for hte inspiration.
- This is my favorite table app BY FAR for preschoolers. Available for purchase through iTunes and Google Play.
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.