April 30, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, In the Garden by Elizabeth Spurr and illustrated by Manelle Oliphant.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- It’s time to check on your outside world. What can you do to help your family by taking care of your outside space? Can you weed? Can you fill a bird feeder? Can you plant some seeds? Can you pick up sticks? Can you help transplant a flower?
- Today we are going to get down and dirty! If you have some coffee drinkers who live with you, ask them to save their used coffee grounds for you. Dry them out and then spread them on a tray. This is the perfect dirt to practice writing your letters in! You can either practice your name letters OR ask a tall friend to challenge you with naming random letters to write.
- This is a fun craft-ivity to try at home. Take and print a silly picture of your face (no hair needed) and tape it onto a clear cup. Plant grass seed in your cup and wait for your green hair to start to grow! This a great way for preschoolers to “plant” as grass has some pretty quick results. Once your hair has gotten long enough, you can work on your fine motor skills by giving it a trim.
- Milkshake! I bet your families will LOVE your British accents.
- Farmer Ernie will share a song about how veggies grow.
- We love encouraging healthy eating habits with our Farm to Preschool curriculum. Today is the last day of April so I’m including the recipes for our locally available food of the month….PEPPERS!
- Vegetable Soup? This is a fun sensory activity for some watery fun! Thanks to Protecting Your Pennies for thinking it up!
- Super Salad Diner is making up some tasty salads. They just need you!
- Elmo plants a garden with Mrs. Obama.
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.