March 23, 2020 – At Home Learning
Welcome to our first “virtual” day of preschool! Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort.
- Help your family by folding your own underpants! Or match up 5 pairs of socks. These are perfect preschool ways to help your family with the laundry!
- When you are done with your laundry, count how many items you folded. How many did you have? Now, split your laundry pile into two piles. Does one pile have more/less or are they both equal?
- Dinosaur Disco Super Yoga! – Let’s Get Moving
- Grab your crayons, colored pencils and markers and decorate your own dinosaur underpants! Print out the PDF below. For extra fun, have a grown up help you cut them out and tape them up somewhere silly.
- Eat like a herbivore! What fruits and/or veggies can you find for a snack today?
- Give everyone in your family a dinosaur name and practice writing them! A tall friend can write the -saurus part. See if you can add the first part Oscarsaurus or even just the special letter. Our friends who are 3 should know their special letter and how to spell their first name aloud. Our friends who are 4 should know their special letter, how to spell their first name aloud and how to write their first name. Our friends who are 5 should know their special letter, the sound that their special letter makes, how to spell their first name aloud and should be working on writing their first name the “school way.”
- Time to Sing! We are the Dinosaurs!
- Sort some dinos with this online game at PBSkids.org.
- Check out this educational video about dinosaurs by Clarendon Learning. Did you know that dinosaur means “terrible lizard?”
- Go Visit the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – they have an awesome exhibit of dinosaur fossils!
- Bible Story – Today we will take it way back, even BEFORE the dinosaurs, with Adam and Eve.
- Praise Music – My Hope is in the Lord
Have a great day of learning at home! We hope it is ROAR-some!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.