April 9, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, The Night Before Easter by Natasha Wing and illustrated by Kathy Couri.
- Read aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Just a few more days until Easter so I am continuing the challenge to send an Easter card/picture/note to someone who you would NORMALLY spend Easter with, but cannot this year. Maybe you could send a few!
- Remember our plastic Easter egg fun from yesterday? Yesterday we asked you to hide the letters of your name in Easter eggs. Today we are going to ask you to write ALL of the letters of the alphabet on slips of paper and hide them in eggs. When you find an egg, identify the letter and see if you can write it and make the sound! Thanks to Mrs. Weber’s niece for this egg-citing idea!
- Here’s a yoga story about Peter Cottontail and some Tickly Monkeys!?!
- We love a good freeze dance at preschool. Here is Jack Hartman with the Easter Bunny for a Dance and Freeze.
- Maybe we should eat like bunnies today! Carrots and celery are a popular rabbit food snack at preschool….especially when we add some ranch!
- With some scrap paper, markers and a glue stick, you can make your very own Easter Bunny!
- Our STEM activities are pretty tasty today! See if you can use toothpicks and some Easter candy (I chose jelly beans) and see if you can build structures. This year’s Share and Care kiddos are SUCH awesome builders!
- You can also use those same jelly beans and some hot water to watch this groovy lesson on surface tension. Skittles also work really well fo this!
- Curious George is looking to feed some of his rabbit friends. See if you can help him find the carrots.
- This short video shows you the art of Ukrainian egg decorating “Pysanky.”
- Bible Story – The Story of Jesus – Jesus’ Sacrifice
- Praise Music – Jesus is Alive!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.