April 15, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, Splish, Splash, Spring Illustrated by Jan Carr and illustrated by Dorothy Donohue.
- Read Aloud with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Spring time weather requires ALL different kinds of outerwear. Take a moment to organize all the things that you need to go outside in the spring.
- This week, you’ve been challenged to record the weather using a simple drawing. Here is a calendar for you to use for future recordings. Feel free to use a simple symbol or maybe our older friends can work on writing the first sound (/s/ for sun, /w/ for windy, /c/ for cloudy and /r/ for raining). You may have to be creative if we get more snow!
- This mix by Go Noodle is perfect for those rainy days and this one is SO silly! It’s Raining Cats and Dogs!
- Here is rainy day song! Singing in the Rain
- Using some simple shapes, you can make a cheesy sun for a quick snack.
- Today we are going to make a paper collage picture just like the illustrator used in the book! See if you can use a variety of cut paper shapes to create your own spring time picture.
- Today let’s take a look at the power of the splash. Gather a shallow bin for your puddle and a few small objects (try to make them different in size and weight) to use to make your splashes. Take turns dropping the different objects into your puddle to see how they splash. After you’ve tried different objects, see if you can change the height from where you drop!
- These frogs don’t mind a good splash. Have fun making a frog chorus!
- These ocean creatures at the Georgia Aquarium wouldn’t mind rainy weather. I LOVE watching webcams.
- Bible Story – Baptism of Jesus
- Praise Music – I’m All In
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.