April 17, 2020 – At Home Learning
Share and Care is now “virtual” during our time apart. Each day of our learning is going to focus around a story and will have ideas for the following areas: literacy, math, art, helping at home, music and movement. We will also have an idea for a snack! At the end of each post we will include a daily Bible story and a link so you can get your Praise music jam on. If you tune in to our Facebook Live at 10am, you will also get a bonus idea for extra fun you can have in your very own living room!
Your teachers have been working on providing ideas for today’s story, One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root and illustrated by Jane Chapman.
- Read Aloud with Finn Hoffman.
- A great way to work on numbers is to help your family set the table. Make sure there is one plate/bowl for each family member. Along with utensils, napkins and glasses for each family member, you will have served up a great lesson in counting and one to one correspondence. If you are ready to tackle an extra challenge, try making a place card for each family member as well.
- Today’s challenge is to work on understanding a ten frame. Find a set of small 10 toys that will fit into our ten frame. Grab a handful and fill in your ten frame. Remember to go left to right and fill the entire top row before the bottom row. After you’ve filled up your ten frame with your grouping, then practice writing the number!
- Here’s a great song to get up and JUMP! to!
- 5 Little Ducks is another great song that helps us count down from 5.
- The other day we ate a snack that was all green! Let’s try finding a snack that is ducky yellow!
- We love handprint projects and this duck is a great one to add to your collection! If you don’t have paint at home, you can absolutely trace your hand and make a duck that way! Thanks to Sassy Dealz for the great idea!
- It is pretty easy to create your own “race” games at home. If you have some rubber ducks you’re set! Check out this setup from Happy Toddler Playtime.
- Curious George is taking off into outer space. Help him count down to Blast Off. This is also a great transition to next week’s learning which is all about SPACE.
- Here is a great video all about ducks!
Current Share and Care Families – make sure to check your e-mail for printable additions to today’s curriculum.